Have you asked them? Or, do you just assume what your clients/customers want? That can be a terrible mistake… one that COULD put you right out of business before you even get started.
Perish that thought.(!)
This October will the 5 year anniversary of The Web Coach. And only YESTERDAY I conducted my first official Survey with all of my subscribers.
I don’t always practice what I preach (oops!)
I signed up with Constant Contact a month ago and finally took full advantage of the free survey feature.
Boy, am I glad I did! I’ve learned a few GOOD things, confirmed other thoughts, and got some constructive feedback. (we can all use a little of that from time to time)
This is what I found:
- People are busy. They want brief, fact-based, information. Fast.
- People aren’t always sure of what you offer. And they need to be reminded, regularly.
- Survey’s allow your readers to TELL you what they want more of.
- You find out what you’re doing RIGHT! 🙂 Affirmation is gooooood.
- You’ll find out what needs to be revised, ditched or done away with.
- Receiving feedback opens the door to two-way communication and improved products/services.
- You can use your participants as beta testers for new product/service offerings.
- You also find holes in your marketing cycle.
- You’ll find opportunities to make more money! Woohoo!
- Because knowing what your market needs is everything!
This information is so valuable to me. Creating this survey was so easy to do, I’m going to schedule this into my quarterly business review. Yeah!
So, my friend, do you *really* know what your customers want?