The smartest move in business I ever made was hiring a business coach. Why? Because I had an insider expert on my side to give me guidance. Someone who knew the ropes and what the heck was going on.
Finding a mentor or coach is one of the most important choices you can make because, ultimately, you become friends, and confidants. Your mentor is invested in you and is there for the long haul. They’re there to help you set goals and hold you accountable.
You see, I only knew the technical side of building a business – I didn’t fully understand:
- What to do first
- how to create an action plan
- how to manage my time
Then, I wasn’t sure:
- who my ideal clients were?
- what my clients wanted?
- how to even get clients!
Then, I had to think about what tools and resources were available to me? Then came the FLOOD of questions!
- How do I build my mailing list? Why do I need one?
- What is an ezine?
- Do people use direct mail?
- What do I sell? How do I create information products?
- How do I take payments?
- Multiple streams of income… what does that mean?
Sheeesh! But if I *really* wanted to be successful, I also needed to learn about:
- Coaching, and how to mentor and teach others.
- Events, how to plan, prep and faciliate seminars and classes.
- Team? Would I need others? How do I get people to help me?
- Leverage, taking everything that I know and using it to my best advantage.
- Relationship marketing. Social Media and new technology yet to be discovered.
All of this can be enough to intimidate anyone into tossing in the towel on their dreams. You must find a mentor, or an advisor to help you figure out all the details and create a formula that works for you!
How to get the most from your mentor/coach
- Have your notes, and questions ready before hand. Come to meetings prepared.
- Record the meeting if possible.
- Stay on task. Try not to stray off topic.
Once I began to work with a coach, I no longer felt alone or isolated. Someone was actually listening and focusing on ME. He gave me advice, ideas, comments and views on my opportunities. That alone is priceless.
Is this you? Take charge and move forward by scheduling an appointment.
Now It’s YOUR Turn! What are your thoughts? Post below, I’d love to know what you think!