I wrote earlier about What Mobile Phone Users Do With Their Smart Phones and found that 2011 will be the year of Cross-Channel Marketing and mass implementation.
The mobile phone is arguably the most personal device that we have with us at all time. Like AMEX, we don’t leave home without it. Consumers moving, changing their email address and dropping their home phone lines have all been natural disruptive forces for marketing.
The mobile phone has become the only common device capable of wrangling multimedia, social networking and commerce.
What Does This Mean To You, The Solo-Professional?
If you are into email marketing, then SMS (text messaging aka. Short Message Service) is a great companion to your ezine.
If you are into social media, then SMS is the best way to link followers to your page at the latest social destination.
- Ninety-eight percent of SMS are opened and responded to within 60 minutes versus only 5 percent of emails that are opened.
- Only 10 percent of SMS are unsolicited versus over 90 percent of emails.
- More than 7 trillion SMS messages are expected to be sent globally in 2011, according to ABI Research
Here Are A Few Sensible Tips For Mobile Marketing:
- Do not overdo the graphics. The majority of mobile Web sites only have one banner ad that displays at any given time, giving that ad unit a unique opportunity to capture users’ attention.
- Make the call to action obvious. Do not make users guess what will happen when they click on your banner ad
- Write clear and concise copy. When creating your mobile banner ad unit, it is important to remember that the screen of the average mobile device is much smaller than a desktop computer.
- Time-sensitive. Both the call to action and the SMS content should answer the question, “Why now?
- Value. What’s in it for us? What’s in it for the customer
- Message flows. What happens after the consumer responds – e.g. opt-in, coupon, poll, contest, survey.
- Engagement. If you are a marketer looking to create deeper engagement with your customers, it is easy to see how multimedia such as mobile video, slideshows, how-to videos and other digital assets can better. Flip-cam style content works well delivered to handsets. Think authentic, original, unique and never seen before.
In addition, YOU as a consumer, should make yourself aware of your favorite retailers mobile coupon programs. Start your own Mobile swipe file of clever mobile ads and texts to model to lend inspiration.
For more info: Here are Free and premium WordPress Mobile Themes.
- iPhonsta 1.1
- Smooci 2
- WordPress Mobile Theme
- jQuery Mobile
- The dotMobi WordPress Mobile Pack
- Carrington Mobile
- 1ST Giant Leap
- WPtouch 2.0 Pro
- Mobility WordPress Theme for Web and iPad (iPad)
- Simple Mobile
- PadPressed (iPad)
- My Mobile Page <— This one is sharp!
Mobile plug-ins for your wordpress site. These plug-ins are relatively easy to click and install thru your dashboard. Just be sure to test your site from a mobile browser before you set it, and forget it.
Now It’s YOUR Turn! What are your thoughts? Post below, I’d love to know what you think!